Emergency Roping and Bouldering
These Climbing Skills Will Save Your Life!
This is not your usual rock-climbing book.
Inside you will discover climbing self-rescue and bouldering techniques for survival.
It is a 3-part manual:
- Knots. Discover how to tie 10 of the most useful knots there are.
- Emergency Roping. Learn how to use a rope to climb and rappel without any special equipment.
- Bouldering. Bouldering is climbing without the use of ropes or harnesses. It is an important skill and also a fun way to get a full-body workout.
These are the roping skills you need to survive, because you never know when things might go wrong in the great outdoors!
Survival Roping and Knot Tying Skills
- Learn to tie a variety of the most practical every-day and climbing knots.
- Get yourself out of sticky rock-climbing situations by descending and ascending using nothing but a rope.
- Create improvised harnesses out of rope.
- Make improvised rope when in a wilderness survival situation.
- Save yourself in a “man-overboard” or a similar situation with the self-rescue bowline.
- Discover the best way to cross a river safely using nothing but a rope.
Discover the Climbing Skills You Need to Escape Danger
- No prior rock-climbing experience needed.
- Essential bouldering tips and techniques.
- How to conserve your energy while rock climbing.
- The various types of climbing holds and which grip to use when climbing them.
- Foot techniques to help you scale any wall. Includes smearing, back-stepping, hooking, mantles, and more!
- The types of rock faces you will encounter and the best ways to climb them.
- Crack climbing skills such as jams and shuffling.
- Learn the fundamentals of how to rock climb whether bouldering outdoors or in.
… and much more!
Climbing for Kids, Adults, Male, and Female
- A basic climbing workout is a fun and challenging way to keep fit.
- See the world around you in a new light.
- Increase your imagination.
- Overcome fear.
- Build confidence.
Includes 5 Free Bonuses!
Get your copy of Emergency Roping and Bouldering today and you will also receive:
- A 5-week Emergency Roping and Bouldering training schedule.
- Special report: How to swim 50+ meters underwater.
- A basic first aid guide so you can save lives in critical situations.
- The Survival Fitness Plan Super Burpee. A warm-up, stretch, and conditioning workout all in one exercise.
- A 15-minute yoga stretch routine.
Teach yourself emergency roping and bouldering skills, because this knowledge will save your life!
Quick View Contents – Click to Enlarge
|Swipe to scroll ⟶|
Submit your review
This book has drawing for the many pieces of information it shares. I was a rock climbing instructor and this information is acceptable. Proper use of the information requires comprehensive reading and correctly applying the knowledge.
Good book which I'll share with others.
Use for reference. Liked that it had basics in a small package. Can have more books and subjects without fluff.
Pleased with purchase, was as described, promptly shipped. Chapter on bouldering interesting. Knowing how to use a rope in an emergency could be useful.
Emergency Roping and Bouldering is part of the author's Escape, Evasion, and Survival Series. As he says, when faced with danger, we have two main options: flight or fight. This book examines aspects of flight, specifically how to use rope in an emergency and how to rock climb without technical equipment. Other manuals in the series study escape and evasion, urban and wilderness survival, water rescue, and wilderness first aid.
Sam Fury's survival skills focus on "minimalism," surviving with little or no special equipment. In this brief manual, the only equipment is a good rope. Of course, to get the most out of a rope, one has to be able to tie a good knot. The author maintains that ten fundamental knots are all that are required, so he begins there. With careful instructions and helpful illustrations, the reader is soon at home with an array of knots that will also be helpful in ordinary situations where survival isn't at risk. Then Fury takes it a step further, teaching us how to use a rope to cross a river, rappel down a rock face, even create a gill net to catch food.
From there he teaches us the basic skills of "bouldering," or rock-climbing without special gear. He describes the "how to" with step-by-step instructions and illustrations to clarify his points.
I must confess, I hope I am never in an emergency situation where I must rappel down a cliff, but now I think I might actually be able to do it and live! Thank you, Sam Fury!
Great tips for knots long forgotten and not used in a while. Knot use and tying is a perishable skill, so having something written nearby is a help.